Exploring Istria: Painting, Drawing and Mixed- Media in Croatia
with Louise Freshman Brown June 15-22, or June 22-29, 2024
Join us on a trip to Croatia! We will be based at a country villa in Istria, Croatia, surrounded by farms, vineyards and olive orchards. Istria borders Slovenia and has a maritime border with Italy. The Italian city of Trieste and Ljubljana, Slovenia are within an hour’s drive.The workshop will take place in the heart of pastoral Istria featuring rolling hills, medieval hill towns including Motovun and Groznjan and coastal towns including Rovinj and Pula.
Workshop participants will develop their personal vision through a series of drawing and painting processes. Individuals will have the opportunity to explore the varied landscapes, and architecture, working in situ. In addition, students will be encouraged to explore abstraction and representational techniques, all in the unique environment of Istria. Sessions encourage interpretation, focusing on composition, color and value. Individual instruction will be stressed along with interactive group critiques. We will celebrate our successes with an exhibition at the end of the workshop.
- Double occupancy accommodations at Villa Moncitta
- Airport transfers
- All internal transportation
- Excursions to the nearby hill towns, Venetian coastalcities and the breathtaking Roman Amphitheater in Pula
- Vineyard and Artisanal Food Tours
- Continental Breakfast daily
- 4 Dinners at Villa and Truffle Dinner at Mondo Konoba
- Price $3,500